A Happy Cloud

I have GREAT news! I will be moving much sooner than initially anticipated! I know I know, it has only been a week, but it feels longer than that and with all the emails back in forth I began to worry it would never happen. I broke down, on more than one occasion, asking God to just let me go. To open the doors and let me go. Finally, after the rough first week I felt calm. Despite my urgency to return I had to trust God and His perfect timing. It helped that God kept reminding me that this was going to happen, I just had to be patient, still, and wait.  So after a week of hysterics I was calm and confident and trusting God and His plans. (Did I mention this was the longest week of my life?)
Anyway, back to my exciting news. Well first I have to explain two exciting things that happened, and than my exciting new about why I’ll be moving sooner.

1.     Ok so something some you may know and others may not; I love clothes. I could have easily been classified as a shopaholic. I have two dressers and a closet and still use some of my sisters old closest to store clothes. Now to be fair all my summer, spring, fall and winter clothes are in these spaces, I never box them up according to season, because to be frank I’m just too lazy. But even with that being said for the first time ever I am admitting I have too many clothes. During my Africa trip I was slapped in the face with my selfishness and realized I needed to change things drastically. First order of business was getting rid of a lot of my clothes. Surprisingly enough, it was easy. I didn’t need all those clothes, that’s what I kept thinking/reminding myself every time I picked up a shirt or pair of pants. I have enough, I don’t need this. By the end I had a huge pile of clothes and shoes. I was pretty proud of myself but I also knew that was only the first cleanse, I still have more than I need. That thought made it hard, knowing that I was getting rid of more. That night during my devotionals I read Matthew 6:28 28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” And than in my application part I read; Planning for tomorrow is time well spent, worrying about tomorrow is time wasted. Don’t let worries about tomorrow affect your relationship with God today.”
Not only was I worrying about something as silly as clothes but at the time I was worrying that I wouldn’t get to go back to Africa when I wanted, which is just as silly. God will take care of me and I don’t need to worry. I have given God control and am leaning on Him for everything, which is exactly how it should be. 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

2.     On Sunday my parents and I were visiting my sister and her husband and went to their church. The pastor read from Hebrews 11:8, “By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance obeyed and went even though he did not know where he was going. By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country.”  Application, “Abraham’s life was filled with faith. At God’s command, he left home and went to another land obeying with question. Do not be surprised if God asks you to give up secure, familiar surroundings in order to carry out his will.” I have two things to say in relation to Hebrews. 1. Wow. 2. God knew exactly what I needed to hear. I worship an awesome, amazing, powerful, all knowing, merciful, just and loving God.

Ok so now for the final exciting news. Yesterday after the church service I was talking to my mom and it went something like this, “Maybe God just wants me to take a leap of faith and move into my own house down in Rwanda. I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to stay in the guest house at Noel and it doesn’t seem like things are falling into place, but I know God wants me there. Maybe this is how it’s supposed to happen like this.” Later that night I got a message from Tara. For those of you who don’t know Tara was on a Visiting Orphans trip last year and felt God calling her back to Noel, she said yes, and moved to Rwanda last June. She has graciously agreed to help me in this process. The message pretty much said because of the reunification it is causing some problem but she believed everything would work out. Well I woke up this morning to two emails from some other people who are trying to help me get back to Noel. Pretty much I wouldn’t be able to live in the guesthouse in the orphanage anymore and that I should talk to Tara about a house (Tara has lived in the guest house the last 6 months but was looking for a house to move into). I thought maybe this was confirmation that I was just supposed to take a leap of faith. I messaged Tara and asked her about looking for houses and than began a Google search for house in Rwanda. I didn’t think I would find anything (I didn’t) but I wanted to do something. A couple minutes later Tara messaged me again. She had just rented a house two hours ago and offered me a place to stay!!! God you are so good! I can’t even begin to put into words how amazing it had been to see Gods plans unfold. It’s so exciting! Now all I have to do is begin raising support, get a visa, pack and book my flight! (There might be few other things I need to do but for now that's all the I know that I need to do) 
Ok this is an awfully long post so I’m going to conclude. I know I’ve said this two or three times, but the Noel post is coming. In fact I am going to write it out now (since I’m on a happy cloud) and post it tomorrow.
Until than family and friends! 

1 comment

  1. Sounds like God is really moving, Elise! I'm praying for you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete