5 loaves, 2 fish...

You know that story where Jesus feeds 5,000 (not include women and children)? Well, if you don't, you can find it in John 6:1-15. It's pretty awesome.

You see, all these people were following Jesus because of the miraculous sings He was performing and Jesus wanted to feed them. The disciples didn't have enough money to buy food for 5,000+, they did however, find a boy with 5 loaves and two fish. That could normally only feed, maybe, four people I'm guessing. But we're talking about Jesus here aren't we? He took the loaves and the fish, gave thanks, and began to distribute them. He fed 5,000+ with 5 loaves and two fish and still had leftovers.

I'm mentioning this story because right now I feel like that little boy. I am the one holding 5 loaves and two fish needing to feeding 5,000+. It's impossible. There is no way I can feed that many people with the little I have.

But God, He can certainly do it. For what is impossible for man, is possible for God. He can do all things. His power is that great. 

I know where my bread is coming from. I know I will have enough. I am praising God right now with only 5 loaves and 2 fish, knowing He will take them both and turn them into thousands. I am praising God knowing that He will provide.

Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. (v.35)

1 comment

  1. I love your heart for the lost girl and am inspired by the way you're living it out.

    ReplyDelete