Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!

November 24th

Happy Thanksgiving! Though my favorite holiday is Christmas I do enjoy Thanksgiving. Family, friends, food and napping. How could anyone not like thanksgiving. This year I celebrated Thanksgiving with my Mom, Dad and Kyle (my sister celebrated with her husband and his family). I also was able to stop by Christina's house and visit with her and her family (who I like to acknowledge as my second family).
I woke up on Thanksgiving at 7:25 to head out to the Turkey Trot (5k) with my family. More than 3,100 people participated this year and among those included an old friend, Steph and her boyfriend Moises. Steph and I ran Track together during high school and she was easily one of my best friends. She is one of the many reasons I loved Fredrick High. So as you can imagine I loved being able to see her, run with her and talk. It felt like the good old days. The run itself, well Steph and I talked the entire time so it was just that a run, not a race, and I wouldn't have had it any other way.


                                                                  Step and Moises




                                                           (So close to a good picture)

After the run and getting ready for the day I headed over to Christina's house. This Thanksgiving at the Nielson home was a particularly special one. Not only was their home filled with tons of family, they welcomed a new family member (not a baby). Alexis has been dating Bradley, well honestly I don't really know but it's feels like its been awhile so lets just go with that. I have been lucky enough to get to know Alexis a little bit over that time period and I have to say she is a beautiful, funny, smart and overall an incredibly warm and welcoming person. I have loved having someone that isn't technically apart of the Nielson family but is welcomed as one, and though I will miss having that other person, I am so happy that she will soon be an official Nielson. In my unimportant opinion she and Bradley are a perfect match for one another and I wish them a long, happy and loving marriage.
After the excitement at the Nielson's I went back to my house and planned for Black Friday. Than we all enjoyed in a delicious meal made by my Mom. After dinner I had to take a nap if I was going to survive Black Friday AND work. I was able to take a 3 hour nap and awake feeling refreshed. First thing I did: My Christmas Activity of course! On today's 25 Days of Christmas (and more!) List- Activity: Decorate Ornaments Movie: Jake Frost.

After which myself, Christina, Erin and Rebekah (Erin's sister-in-law) went to Walmart at 9pm for an early Black Friday. It was insane.

November 25th
BLACK FRIDAY! This year we hit Walmart, Target, and the Outlets. We started early 9pm the previous day and ended on Friday at around 730am. I did not finish all my Christmas shopping this year but I got close.
                                                      Target (picture credit to Erin's iPhone)
                          Today's Christmas Movie (The activity was Black Friday shopping)
                                   It's a major award! (One of my favorite purchase of the day.)

Side Note: Every Thanksgiving we all say what we are Thankful for, and so I am going to now. I am so blessed and as a result have so many things to be Thankful for so I will only give a few.
1. I am thankful for an all powerful, loving, forgiving, and just God. I am thankful that I am able to have a relationship with God. I am thankful that my family and friend know God and as a result we can grow and learn together. I am thankful that God has blessed me with so many things to be thankful for. I would have nothing of meaning without Him.
2. I am so thankful for my family. We all have our moments but I don't know what I would do without them. I know my family will love, support and challenge me as I continue to grow and will always be there to pick me up when I fall. I couldn't I ask for anything more.
I am also so thankful for my second family the Nielson's. Since Christina and I met they have opened their arms to me and welcomed me in. I am blessed enough to have my family, but to also have a second one, well it just doesn't get better than that . Their love and friendship over the past 9 years has meant more to me than words can describe.
3. Christina. Not many people have a friendship like we do and we both know that our friendship is only possible because of God. I love her and our friendship.
4. My job. God has blessed me with amazing families to work with who follow Him.

Again, I have so many things to be Thankful for but these are the 4 that first came to mind and each have made me into the person I am today.
Side Note DONE

More update to come as I continue to complete my 25 Days of Christmas!
Happy Holidays Everyone!

Post a Comment