Oppurtunity

Ok ok, I realized I just posted and most bloggers wait a couple days in between post so their readers can actually have time to read but I am far too excited to wait!

I have been praying for for an opportunity to step out of my comfort zone and show Christ's love. Well today God gave me that opportunity!

I was driving home from work when I saw a woman walking on the side of the road. My first reaction: Should I? Is this really safe? I quickly shook my head and recognized this is my opportunity and immediately pulled over. She got in thanking me right away and told me her car had run out of gas and her phone had died just as she had gotten a hold of her son and said "I am stuck".We talked for a little bit before I asked her where she was from (she had an accent) to which she replied, "Africa." I couldn't contain my excitement and told her I had just returned from a missions trip to Rwanda and Ethiopia and was planning on returning. She began praising the Lord right there. She told me, "I was praying to God for help and than he brought you! This is not a coincidence, God planed this!" She goes to an African church (roughly 50 people attend from all over Africa) right near where I live and invited me to come, visit and share. She than went on to tell me that God places people in our path for a reason and she wants to give financial support for me return to Noel. We exchanged numbers and plan on talking soon.

WOW

I can't help but think of the traffic and that slow car in front of me, and how I actually left work on time today. But that just proves how God designed my day so that I would end up in that exact moment with that opportunity. I can not even began to tell you how big and glorious God is. He gave me an opportunity, I said "yes" and as a result blessed me even more than I could have ever imagined. God is so good!

Post a Comment