Driving like a boss


I did it! I survived my longest alone driving journey two days ago. I woke up bright and early, (which for me means 620) packed my car, and was on the road by 730 with my trusty copilot, and necessary companion. I managed to make it to Nashville by 5 and spent the next four hours eating deliciously tart ice cream before dinner, walking around and drooling over perfectly quaint homes, eating a cheeseburger with not one, not two, but three different cheeses, and tatter-tots that knocked my socks off. So basically Nashville=food baby. But best off all I got to catch up with Tara. We talked jobs, school, boys, Rwanda, No.41, His Imbaraga, and just life in general. I don't really consider myself a chatty cathy but in this instance I most def was. It had been over a year since we'd seen each other so I allowed it. After that quick four hour stop I hopped back into my car and drove another three hours, making my total traveling time seventeen hours. I don't know about you, but I'm seriously impressed with myself. Maybe I should look into the truck driving business. But until then, I am cozzied up at my grandparents enjoying a queen sized bed all to myself, and doing absolutely nothing for the next few days before I have to pack up my car again. And since I've got no plans besides doing nothing I might just start righting my lovey dovey story. I don't know about you, but those are my favorite posts to stalk so I'm super pumped to be writing my own now. If "how-we-met-and-feel-in-love" posts are your fav too be on the look out, and if they aren't.....well, I guess we just can't be friends....kidding....maybe.

Post a Comment