The Ultimate Showdown

There's no doubt chocolate chip cookies are my love language. It can be in ice cream form, sandwich form, pie form, but the very best form will always be an actual cookie straight out of the oven. I'm super proud of the fact that I can make these just out of the oven cookies from scratch. I know it isn't rocket science, but I have been told my particular cookies could have won the blue ribbon at the Frederick Fair. So yeah, they're kind of a big deal. BUT sometimes the cookie need is so strong that I don't have time to mix all the ingredients. This is also known as lazingitis. So a few days ago the need was strong and I was "under the weather" so off the grocery store I went. That's when I was faced with the difficult decision: Nestle Toll House or Pillsbury? I wanted the very best obviously, but I didn't actually know which one that was. What's a cookieholic to do? Well I thought the only fair thing to do was to buy both and have a competition. I'm all about being fair.

The Competitors

The Judges  

 The Results 


Elise: Nestle Toll House by a landslide. Nestle is more traditional with that perfect bitter-sweet-grandma taste. Bonus: They only take 10 minutes and came out perfectly. Pillsbury was much sweeter which is not my cup of tea and also took significantly longer to bake, like 18 minutes, and I ain't got time for that. Bigger is not always better.

Vince: Pillsbury is better.

Next up on The Ultimate Showdown: actual homemade cookie recipes. Get excited folks.




Post a Comment