How Many Families Do I Have Again?

For awhile now I have really been struggling with being alone all the time. Which is weird for me to admit since I actually love being alone (100% introvert right here). But four months of being away from the people that offer me love, comfort, support, encouragement, a good laugh, wisdom and so much more, has started to take its tole.

So in my state of loneliness I prayed. I prayed for someone that could offer me love, comfort, support, encouragement, a good laugh, wisdom and so much more. And you know what? God answered that pray with Josephine and her family.

She called me up on Wednesday and immediately invited me to spend the weekend at her house. When I got to Kigali she and her husband, Didas, and their two kids, Trisha and Nicholas (their oldest daughter is studying in America) picked me up and drove me to their home. Along the way Josephine warned me that this would be the last time I would come to visit. She told me that after today I would not longer be a visitor but that this would be my home.

I do not need to call to tell them I am coming, I can come as often and as long as I would like, I am not allowed in the guest room but have a room upstairs with the rest of the family. I am now apart of their family. I do not like to cry, especially in front of people, but let me tell you, I had to hold back the tears as they went on and on about me being apart of their family. God took care of me in a big way.
Besides the mushy stuff this weekend consisted of pizza, dinner rolls that tasted like golden carol, lemon cake, ice cream, African tea (can you tell that I love food just a little bit?), watching an episode of Amazing Race and What Not To Wear on a real T.V., driving around Kigali, jamming out to Taylor Swift with Trisha, getting quizzed on American history (which I failed, miserably), watching Megamind, going to church, watching a soccer match with Nicholas, talking, laughing and relaxing with my new family. It was just what the doctor ordered.

Is it too soon to be planning my return trip?......Pshh, of course not, I'm family, remember?

And since I wasn't able to get any picture of my new family I have decided to give you all a little treat today and show some of the true faces of the people I love and miss back home. Enjoy!





And because I'm a good sport 
*I hope they don't hate me now*

Have a wicked Wednesday! 

1 comment

  1. Ah, this makes me so happy for you :) The comfort of a home and the little things in life make all the difference. Will say an extra prayer for you!

    ReplyDelete