Tea For Me


If we were to go to tea I would tell you that these last 4 1/2 months have been some of the best and most difficult times of my life. I have been stretched, pushed, and slapped around a bit, but I am grateful. I am grateful for this opportunity to experience a different way of life and in the process grow and become my own person.

I would tell you I miss my family and best friend everyday and cant wait to wrap my arms around each of them for a good hour. (And I'm not even a hugger.)

I would tell you that I miss food and have had literal dreams of eating all of my favorites. It's actually kind of sad.

I would tell you that I have been listening to Christmas music since June and I see nothing wrong with it.

I would tell you all about how God is directing me to open a business, something I never wanted or intended to do with my life. The only "business aspirations" I've ever had was to open a candy store and mocktail bar. My logic: I like candy and mocktails are delicious. I intended to make my sister do all the boring things while I sat in the background sipping on my mocktail and enjoy a piece of candy. But despite all of that, I am really looking forward to this new unexpected chapter. I can't wait to get to know the men, I can't wait to actually produce products, I can't wait to make our first sale, I can't wait  to be able to give back. I can't wait to see where God takes all of it. I can't wait for a lot things.

I would tell you that the money situation is a little stressful but I am confident that God will provide.

I would tell you our plan was originally to open shop October 1st but I don't think that's going to be possible anymore. I am having to remain patient and trust in God's timing and sometimes that can be hard.

I would tell you that whenever Foustin, my manager, calls me "boss" I get a little embarrassed because I am in no way qualified to be called "boss". I was that kid that dreamed of flying off to Neverland with Peter Pan. I didn't want to grow up, and still don't really. But I think it's possible to still be a kid and a boss...at least I'm hoping it is. Hey look at Charlie, Willy Wonka trusted him with his factory and he was way younger than I am now.

I would tell you that this time catching up has been swell and I hope to do it again soon.


1 comment

  1. :) Commenting on your blog is SO hard with the anti-robot thing you have set up! So KNOW that my comments are always very heartfelt and are not at all coming from a robot. :)

    I enjoyed this post. I wish we could have tea! I could just pick your brain apart, I think! You have so much wisdom already! :) Can you even IMAGINE the stories you will have to share with your grandchildren some day?

    ReplyDelete