Patiently Waiting Does Wonders

First of all I wanted to thank you all, for the prayers and the kind words of support that I received since my last post. I also wanted to reassure all of you that I know it takes time to find my place, I obviously wasn’t originally thrilled with the whole ‘takes time’ concept, but now I am content in waiting. I am trusting in God completely to reveal His plans to me in His timing, not matter what they might be.
After my last post I came across some other verses in my quite time that have been a huge source of encouragement;

“Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. Until I come devote yourself to the public reading of scripture, to preach and to teaching. Do not neglect your gift…Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. Watch your life and doctrine closely. Preserve in them because if you do you will save both yourself and your hearers.” 1 Timothy 5:12-16

Regardless of your age, God can use you. Live so others can see Christ in you.
Highly skilled and talented athletes lose their abilities if their muscles aren’t toned by constant use. Likewise, we will lose our spiritual gifts if we don’t put them to work. Out talents are improved by exercise, but failing to use them causes them to waste way from lack of practice and nourishment. Use the gifts you’ve been given regularly in serving God and others. -Application

“For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God did not give us a sprit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. So don not be ashamed to testify about our lord or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, but the power of God who has saved us and called us to a holy life-not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace.” 2 Timothy 1:6-9

“Therefore I urge you brothers, in view of God’s mercy to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will. For by the grace given me I say to everyone of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. Jus as each of us has one body with many members and these members do not all have the same function so in Christ we who are many for one body and each member belongs to all the other we have different gifts according to the grace given us. If a mans gift is prophesying, tell him use it in proportion to his faith. If it severing let him serve; if it is teach let him teach; if It is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others let him give generously; if it is leadership let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.” Romans 12:1-8

God wants us to offer ourselves as living sacrifices, daily laying aside our own desires to follow him, putting all our energy and resources at his disposal and trusting him to guide us. Our role is to be faithful and to seek ways to serve others with what Christ has given us. When you identify your own gifts ask how you can use them to build up God’s family. At the same time realize that your gifts can’t do the work of the church all alone. Be thankful for people whose gifts are completely different from yours. Let your strength balance their weaknesses and be grateful that their abilities make up for you differences. Together you can build Christ’s church. –Application

After reading these verses and the applications God revealed to me my next step at the orphanage. All that worrying and complaining and nothing comes of it but once I put my complete trust in God and His timing that is when He reveals to me what’s supposed to happen next. Funny how that worked out huh? I don’t really want to say too much right now, I tend to jump the gun and occasionally end up looking rather stupid as a result so…I’m going to leave it at that. Annoying, I know, but even if you’re as noisy as I am I can assure you will survive this waiting period. 







Post a Comment