Our First Week

I survived!
And so did they!
So, in my unexperienced opinion, I think it's safe to say it was a pretty good first week. 

Some note worthy things from our first week:

On our first day we had a mini photo shoot
Then we had a wallet photo shoot on Wednesday
Then we had a "we made it a week" photo shoot
I think they might like having their picture taken, maybe, just a little.

Time has all the sudden become very important to me
(Who would have thought having a business 
would finally make me realize the importance of being on time.)

I've already had to be a tough cookie

We take attendance morning and afternoon
and it always makes me feel like I'm back in elementary school.

The teacher reminds me of my Grandpa when he wears his glasses.

They successfully made their first product, 
a wallet.

They figured out a cleaning system all on their own
(I didn't even think about cleaning.)

One of our older gentlemen has bad eye sight. 
He told me today this is the work for young men. 
So I hired him as our night guard. 

When I told them people in America were already asking how to buy their things
their faces changed immediately. 
They had the biggest smiles, and started laughing, clapping and cheering. 
I had to make a serious effort not to start crying. 
(I don't think they would look kindly on an emotional girly boss.)

We got a fourth machine. 

The teacher started working on a product 
that will be one of our main ticket items. 
Right now we have five different that we'll be focusing on. 

When I showed them all "the five" on my computer
they wiped out their phones and started taking pictures

I got laughed at for assuming that night guards sleep during the day

We read together, we prayed together, we learned together, we survived together 
And God willing, will continue to do so.
Because really, I love these guys. 


3 comments

  1. Oh this makes my heart so full! You are one amazing women! Cannot wait to keep hearing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto, Alli! Lisee-girl.... this is just amazing and reading your post, I can feel their excitement which makes me wish I was there with you all. God bless all your efforts - tell them all "Hi" from Maryland and that I'm posting the updates to facebook with their picture - if that's o.k.? Love & miss you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first successful week! Praying for many more to come. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete