The Last Of My Peeps

*All photo credit goes to the very talented Alison Holcomb*

This is Samuel. He is 27 years old. I have had the pleasure of seeing Samuel practically everyday for the last couple of months as he finishes the No.41 house behind us. (He also happens to be our landlords brother.) This job will help him prepare for his future. He dreams of studying computer science at University and will do so with the money earned from this job. His favorite artist is William and he enjoys writing. He said, "Thanks and I pray God blesses you." 

Adrien is 22 and lives with is wife and baby boy. This job will help him promote his own life and help his family. He dreams of getting his own house one day. His favorite artist is King Stone and he enjoys studying constructions. He said, "I am to pray for them for this love." 

Jilbert is 30 and living with his father. This job will help him prepare for his future. Before Jilbert had a job making shoes, belts, and bags from leather and it is his dream to have a machine and continue this work. He doesn't like music....yeah I don't know. I told him I would change his mind in the months to come. He also claimed he didn't have a talent but enjoys karate. Anyone that can do karate is talented in my opinion. He said, "Thank them and to pray for them." 

Vincent is 35, married, and has five children; three girls and two boys. This job will help achieve his dream of building and finishing his own house. He likes listening to Michael Jackson and has a talent for construction. He said, "I am praying for God to bless them and I dream of helping them in return." 

Emmanuel is 28 with a wife and baby girl. This job will help him find a house for his family. He dreams of a future life and the possibility of supporting his family. He likes gospel music and construction. He said, "I am to pray for them to continue this good heart for helping." 

Damascene is 32 and currently helps out at the orphanage. He has a wife and son and this job will help him achieve his dreams of supporting his family and preparing for the future. He listens to West Life and likes to sell. He said, "The American was a good idea to help me and God bless him." 

John is 52 and originally from Congo. He has a wife and four children; two girls and two boys. He dreams of helping and supporting his family, which is what this job will give him the opportunity to do. He likes listening to Bob Marly and playing volleyball and said, "Thanks and I am praying for God to continue to give others a good heart and help."

*I am missing one picture.* Apparently Viateer is a little camera shy. He is 45 years old, married, and has four children; two boys and two girls. This job will help him support his family and send his children so school. He dreams of getting his own house for his family. He likes gospel music and has a talent for construction. He told me he is praying for you to continue this good heart. 

And than there's me. My name is Elise and I am 21 years old. My family seems to expand everyday, but I’m not complaining. This job means opportunity for me. Opportunity to be obedient. Opportunity to help support others. Opportunity to teach others. Opportunity to share with others. Opportunity to help dreams become a reality. I have many dreams; I dream that this business will be successful in providing for these men, their cause and bringing honor to God. I dream of getting my degree. I dream of moving to New York and working with inner city kids. I dream of seeing the world. I dream of owning a house that looks like a Christmas cottage. I dream of completing my bucket list. I dream of being married and having a large family that adopts. I dream of making a difference. I find great joy in running, writing, and working with kids. I don’t really have a favorite artist but right now this guy is on my repeat: And to you I say thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for reading, thank you for supporting, thank you for loving. Your kind words of encouragement, financial support and pray are what make this all a reality. You are apart of my journey and I would not be here in this place, with these opportunities, and dreams, without a single one of you. You make this all possible and for that I will be forever grateful.




We are in the process of trying to raise $15,000 
So far we have only raised $620
We have a long ways to go but are trusting God to provide
 And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus Phil 4:19
*If you are interested in donating click here to find out how*

Post a Comment