Friends Make Life a Little Sweeter

A little off the subject of Africa but something that I wanted to write about due to recent events so enjoy! 


So I know this girl, her name is Christina. It's no big deal or anything but she is kind of my best friend...


I meet Christina the summer of my 5th grade year. My family was just getting settled into Grace when I went to VBS. That's when I first met the wild child. She was bubbly, loud, friendly, and had the biggest smile on her face. I on the other hand was shy and quiet, not wanting to draw attention to myself. I don't think we could have been more opposite but somehow it worked for us. By the end of the night we had decided a sleepover was necessary but I had no clothes with me and both of our parents were already there to pick us up. Thats when Christina announced she "always carries a sleepover bag, just in case." That was the beginning of our unlikely, but beautiful, friendship.


It has been 10 years since that fateful night. Lots of laughs, tears, sleepovers, fights, and adventures have been had in between and through it all we have managed to grow closer, allowing our friendship to grow stronger. We have been through so much together it's hard to believe sometimes. It has not always been easy, but it has always been worth it.


Recently I was looking through old pictures and letters and came across this...


The word “best friend” means so much when you’re younger. I have called you my best friend since the year we meet but as we’ve gotten older I feel as though we have surpassed the definition of “best friends”. I would call us sisters.


You are a beautiful, sweet, loving, kind, forgiving and compassionate woman and every year become more and more so. Even though I am younger I still have gotten to watch you grow up into an even better version of the person I met nine plus years ago. I feel so blessed to have you meet you. Besides God and my family, you have been the most important person to ever come into my life. You have forever changed me. I love you with all my heart. No matter what trails and bumps in the raod we have faced and will face, I am always going to be there for you. Whether you need a shoulder to cry on, someone to laugh with, someone to talk to, or someone to bail you out of jail, I will be there.

I believe God designed us perfectly and for a purpose. And yes, a place to live, clothes, water and food are necessary to survive in this world but the most important thing we can fill our lives with are people. People in which we love, cry, laugh and share our lives with. You are one the very few I have the pleasure of doing that with. I am so glad God created you the way you are. Without you I don’t know where I would be in life right now. We have shared so much together, gone through so much, but I wouldn’t take a single second back, even the fights. You are an amazing person and I am so blessed to call you my sister. 


God has given me a beautiful gift in my friendship with Christina. I could not be more thankful for her presence in my life. I still and always will consider Christina my sister. Life may take us down different paths, we may loose our way occasionally, but we will support, encourage and love each other through it all. I know that in the end we will always be there for each because she is a part of my family.

*pause my music at the bottom*
*From Christina: An explanation may be necessary but you know*



























p.s. Not to brag or anything but Christina is an incredibly talented photographer. I am so proud of how far she has come. She is just starting to book photography sessions so you should check out her site here!

Post a Comment