Thanks, Faith and Hope Day

Recently in my devotions I stumbled upon these verses:

Collossians 4:16, 17 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, as as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Application: To increase your thankfulness, take an inventory of all you have (including your relationships, memories, abilities, and family, as well as material possessions). Use the inventory for prayers of gratitude. On Sunday, before worship, quit rushing around; instead, take time to reflect on reasons for thanks. Declare Sunday as your "thanks, faith and hope" day. Celebrate God's goodness to you, and ask in prayer for all your needs for the week ahead.

I have seen/read other blogs that have a "Thankful Day" and always liked the idea but never really felt motivated to declare a day myself; that is until I read the verses and application above. So I would like to formally declare Sunday my "Thankful Day".

Fun Fact: I am really OCD about certain things. I can not stand it when thing are not in 5's. More specifically volume (the T.V., radio etc.) as well as lists. Sometime I push myself and have the volume at 12 or something crazy like that, but it only last a few seconds.

1. Alison. We will be spending a year together in Rwanda and I can not thank God enough for planing Alison and I to be there together.
2. Chocolate chip cookies. Right out of the oven they make me incredibly happy and thankful.
3. My job. I love that I get to play with two little girls all day, five days a week. The family that I work with has been like my second family and I am so thankful for them.
4. My Mom. She is so supportive, loving, funny, wise and easy to talk to. I love my Mom, who she is as a woman and as a mother and I couldn't be more thankful.
5. For the speed-bumps I have faced getting back to Rwanda. There haven't been many but there have been a couple. Through each one Christ has strengthened me and my relationship with Him. My patience and trust are greater. For that I am thankful.







Psalm 35:18 I will give you thanks in the great assembly; among throngs of people I will praise you.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 136:1-4 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. Give thanks to the God of gods. Give thanks to the Lord of lords; to him who alone does great wonders. 

1 Chronicles 16:8 Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. 

Ephesians 5:20 Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 

Post a Comment