A Little Bit Of Fun With A Little Bit Of Serious

So in todays post we get a little mix of serious and little mix of fun. The problem; which one do I start with? On one hand starting with fun could just get you all riled up and unable to focus on the serious aspect of this post. On the other hand if I start with serious you could potentially miss what I was trying to get across because you were having to much fun. Decisions decisions....


 I have decided.


 I am going to trust that you will control your excitement and be able to focus at the end. So fun...

I enjoy pinterest. There is no denying that I could spend hours on there pining things that, lets be honest, I will probably never do, but does that stop me? Of course not. I'm a glass half full kind of gal. 

Recently while perusing through pinterest I stumbled upon a little blogging gem (*props to Christina for pinning it). A list of 30 questions. I have been hearing from a lot of people say that "I am always serious now" on this blog. I know, I was just as taken aback as you, because we all know, thats not true. Despite the facts I was having a hard time coming up with how to corporate being serious and not so serious into my blog. This was the best that I could come up with, for now anyway. 

I will be answering the 30 questions over the course of however long it takes me. I will neglect it occasionally, but I will finish it, I'm determined! 

THE LIST:

1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrasing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misundertand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.

So 20 random facts about myself here we go:

1. Since I was born I've lived in Florida, New York, Texas, Maryland, Japan, and Maryland once again. (Soon Africa!)
2. I lived in a hotel for several months while my parents searched for a house.(Like Eloise, except not quite as extravagant.) 
3.I love Girl Scout cookies. I'm not sure if it’s the fact that they actually taste amazing or that they only come out once a year for a short period of time and I want them just for that reason alone. But I’m not too concerned with the reasoning behind my love. (Thin Mints are number 1 in my book) 
4. My soccer career ended when I received mono sophomore year, though it should've ended a lot sooner. ( I could run and was occasionally aggressive, thats about all I had going for me) 
5. I climbed Mount Fuji while living in Japan. I was almost to the top when by brother sat down and began complaining about not being able to breath (in hindsight I probably should have been more compassionate) I asked my dad if I could walk up to the top and just meet them later, of course he said no. I would really like to return to Japan and reach the top some day. 
6.  I also wish to return to Japan and find these amazing chips and jump on the giant marshmallow once again. 
7. I had to get stitches when I was around seven right below my eyebrow. I was screaming and spazzing out so much two guys had to be called in to hold me while another guy stitched me up. I'm pretty tough. 
8. I make up my own personal 25 days of Christmas. Everyday I have a movie and a Christmas related task that I get to do. 
9.My sleep record is 18 hours (rounding up). "I have a unique skill, one that most people don’t possess. It took years to acquire and craft. What is this skill you ask? Sleeping for an excessive amount of time. My records consist of a consistent 17.3 hours of sleep and a total of 3 naps in a 24-hour period. I don’t take this skill lightly. It requires rigorous training and dedication. My social life occasionally suffers but it’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make. Now I have to give credit where credit is due. I couldn’t have done it with out my Temperpedic pillow and mattress as well as my bolted door securing me from unwanted visitors. I don’t take the talents I have been blessed with lightly. I will continue to train and work hard for the ultimate goal, 24-hours of undisturbed sleep. I will only rest until my goal is met." (I wrote this in a paper my freshmen year at Grace College)

10. I have an AV malformation which has allowed me to take part in 3 MRI's and the opportunity to snort something numbing so the doctor could stick a camera up through my nose into my brain. Fun times.
11. I have never broken a single bone, except maybe a toe, but that can never be proven. 
12. I really dislike school. My college years: FCC (took 2 classes for a semester my senior year, so it counts), Grace College, Liberty University, Liberty University Online and now I may be taking a break. Will I ever finish? Who knows
13. I have changed schools but never changed majors. That is until now. Nothing has been officially changed but its the first time I'm considering it. My major is criminal justice and psychology. I would want to change it to something dealing with missions. 
14. The first job I can ever recall wanting: A taxi driver
15. I was terrified of roller coasters, but not just any, the ones while the loops. I refused to go near them. I told everyone it was because I didn't want to get sick, truth was I didn't want to fall out. It wasn't until 8th grade and many trips to different amusement parks that I went on my first one. Death grip the whole time. I'm OK with them now, but I still, and always will have that death grip, you know just incase my buckle breaks. Safety first! 
16. I love scary movies but until recently I refused to watch Scream. Why? When I was younger, I'm talking 2nd grade, I saw glimpse of it on the T.V. Terrifying. Despite finally seeing the movie that scream mask still freaks me out. I will not answer the door on Halloween if he's there. 
17. I have a bucket list. I have managed to cross somethings off but have neglected it recently. 
18. I had my wisdom teeth taken out, while awake. Not the most pleasant sounds but didn't hurt. 
19. I got my ears pierced way back when (around 7?) I never wear earrings but somehow the holes are still there. My ears are special. 
20. I am pidgin toed, bowlegged (like woah), and flat footed. Somehow I am still a runner. I will admit its been awhile but it's my goal to do one last race before I leave in May. Will that actually happen? Time  will only tell. 

Ok now serious. 

Today in my devotions I read from Luke 10. Verses 38-42 are what got me. 

As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!" 
"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."

There is a lot of preparations that need to happen before I leave for Africa, a lot of which are stressful to the point I loose sight of why I am doing this. I find Jesus calling to me "Elise, Elise, you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed." 


How many of us have gotten so caught up in what were doing that we neglect the purpose behind it all. 


I have forgotten to be still and sit at the Lords feet. Martha was not doing anything "bad", but Mary was doing something "better". Preparing for Africa isn't bad, it's something that I need to do, but I should be doing it with my focus always on Jesus; setting my priorities straight and my eyes on Him at all times, no matter the preparations that need to be made.

God certainly knows what I need and when I need it!  

Until next time lovely readers!  

Post a Comment