Africa Support Round 2

Hey Friends and Family! 


I got some pretty awesome news but of course I need to share a little story first. 


When I returned from Africa, after I told my family and friends the news of my returning, so began the process of figuring how to actually do that. I was able to keep in contact with Tara and she was such a blessing through out the whole thing (still is and will be!). She told me what to expect, who to contact, what to pack, how much to pack, answered my Mom's questions, offered me a place to live, pretty much everything and anything. The Point Foundation gave me the official OK to come down for a year. Everything was going so smoothly, and quickly. Really the only thing that stood in my way was finding an organization to work with. Let me tell you, that was not easy. 
Months and months of emailing, researching, and freaking out happened and still nothing. About a month ago I was wondering if it was God's plan was for me to just go without that support but then in His perfect timing he revealed His plan to me once again. 
Rewind a little further. Before I left with Visiting Orphans I started looking for another missions trip to Rwanda (I jump the gun sometimes). My sponsor boy is in Rwanda and I really wanted to visit him so I knew another trip would be in order. I emailed Tabitha from All God’s Children Intl. for more information on trips to Rwanda right before heading off with Visiting Orphans to Rwanda. Well, as you all know, when I got back a short terms missions trip was no longer necessary since I was moving there. I emailed Tabitha this news. We continued emailing back and forth when I told her of my struggle finding an organization to work with. She immediately emailed me back with 15 different link to organizations that I could possibly work with (what a blessing she is!). Within the email she told me specifically to contact Mike McColm from Ten Talents International
Well I emailed Mike and a few others and after a few days got a response. Mike and I emailed back and forth for awhile when he announced that Ten Talents would be willing to work with me. Praise God! 
It is so crazy to think that God was working this out before I even went to Africa. I fully believe God made me wait so there would be no mistake this was 100% Him working, this was His plan, His design, His timing and it is an awesome one at that. 
Mike and his family, along with other member from Ten Talents, are currently living in Kigali Rwanda. When I travel down there I will be staying with them for two days, having the opportunity to meet the people who have blessed me. Am I super excited? You bet!  
For those of you that don't know or need a little update I will be leaving May 14th for Rwanda to work at Noel Orphanage for a year. If you would like to read a little about my first experience with Noel you can do so here. As of right now I am covered with my living and airfare, however I am still in need of financial support, for myself, and mainly for kids at Noel. 
If you are interested in supporting me financially there are two ways to go about it:

1. You can go to http://www.tentalentsint.org/giving/ under help someone go click on my name and designate how much you would like to give (there's also a link to the right of my blog that can just click on) 
2. You can also give by mailing checks to their office in Vancouver, WA. Just make sure that my name is easy to see on any of the gifts, so the bookkeeper knows to credit me. Their address is:
Ten Talents International
PO Box 873685
Vancouver, WA 98687

In advance I would like to say thank you for the prays, support and encouragement. If you have been reading my last few post you know how down and attacked I have been feeling. The comments and prayers have lifted my spirits and I know God's working this all out so that He may be glorified through all that I do and say. 


Post a Comment