A Runner That Doesn't Run

15 days. 
In 15 days I am leaving.
That is the reality that I woke up to today.
Oh my lanta.
Anywho...

A couple of days ago I finally tied up my laces and went on a run. It has been several months so to say I was a bit rusty is an understatement. As I started running I went right into a "normal" pace, as in my normal pace when I was actually in shape. After only 2 minutes I was struggling but there was no way I was going to stop after a mere 2 minutes. I decided to push myself for at least 15 minutes and then I could walk. As I was running the thoughts started spinning as they usually do. 

I consider myself a runner but I haven't run in months, so that begs that question, am I really a runner? Running has been my thing since kindergarten but I'm sure all the people that drove by me weren't thinking "That girl looks like she's knows what she's doing" Instead I'm sure they were actually thinking, "That poor girl, it looks like she's about to keel over and die" 

That made me think a little deeper; If you consider your self a Christian, but aren't walking with Christ, can you really call yourself one? 

Like running, Christianity takes time, effort and commitment. You have to put in the work in order to see the results. You can't fake a relationship with Christ, He has to be what you live for. If you are truly following Him, it will be noticeable to those around you. Don't deny yourself the privilege of loving and following the one and only perfect Creator. Stay strong and continue seeking after Him, especially when it gets hard. He is worth it. 

Thanks, Faith and Hope

1. Running. I'm thankful not only for my ability to run but my passion for this crazy form of exercise that most can't understand. 
2. Erin. I got to spend all of yesterday with her celebrating her birthday (a little belated). I am thankful not only for that time but for our relationship and its growth. 
3. Cupcakes. I'm thankful for these lil delicious desserts and there yummy goodness. (I went to Georgetown cupcakes yesterday!) 
4. Medicine. Unfortunately I'm starting to get sick but I'm thankful for the curing remedies that medicine brings allowing me to feel like a baby elephant is sitting on my head as opposed to the mama. 
5. Scout. I love my puppy, his company and his hugs and I'm thankful that I found him at the animal shelter several years ago. 










Post a Comment