20 more days!
In a mere 20 days I will be living in Africa.
9. List 10 People That Have Influenced You
1. God, my Lord and Savior: He created me, He formed me in my mothers womb. He has a plan for my life, a purpose for my life. Without Him my life would not only have no meaning but I wouldn't even exist. Without God I am lost, I am nothing. With Him I am found, I am something. He has given me everything despite the fact that I am an undeserving sinner. The only appropriate response to the knowledge I have of God and His unfailing love is to offer my life as a living sacrifice and I do so with love, joy and peace in my heart.
2. My parents. They raised me so inevitably they have both had an influence on my life.
3. Christina. A beautiful ten year friendship is what I have with this girl.
4. Gigi and Nat. A 3 and 2 year old have influenced me more than I could have ever imagined. They have taught me so much about myself, about kids, and about parenting. I love these girls with all that I am. They are not a job, they are my family.
5. Kelley and Phillip (Gigi and Nat's parents). They gave me a job, they trusted me with what is most precious to them, they are so flexible and understanding, and they are amazing parents. I am so fortunate to have worked with them for the last year.
6. Stacey and Brad Nielson, my other mom and dad. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love them and how thankful I am for being allowed to be apart of their beautiful family.
7. Eric Liddell. He was a gifted runner that gave all the glory back to God. “God made me fast. And when I run, I feel His pleasure. ” ― Eric Liddell
8. Katie Davis. I only found out about her after I had made my decision to return to Noel. While reading her book I began highlighting (a lot). She was able to put into words what I still couldn't. I am so encouraged by her love and faith in God. She is an extraordinary woman.
9. Wynne. Her love and passion for adoption has transfered on over and infected me. I love her story, her joy, and her love for God.
10. Alison. Where oh where would I be without this girl? Such a gift and a blessing God decided to put us together to go on this awesome adventure. Alison's willingness to go and trust in God has encouraged me countless times since we began this journey. I am really looking forward to seeing what God has in store for her in Africa and how she continues using her gifts (she is so talented and crafty!).
Let me just say I had a hard time choosing only 10 people who have had an influence over me. So, just to name drop a lil bit, here are a few extra; My Grandparents (both), Frank Pass (VO leader), and while I'm at it, my entire VO team, Tara, Pam Work, Brenda Roda, Ten Talents, The Point Foundation, my church family, the people I had to privilege of meeting in Africa, and the list keeps going on and on and on with all the amazing people who have blessed and influenced me. From the bottom of my heart thank you, each and everyone of you, for being a part of my journey.
This is a painting I bought to support Alison.
Adorable/awesome/amazing/beautiful isn't it?
You can help support her too.
Just click on her name to find out how!