Tonight I Find Rest

Have you just ever had the overwhelming need to write? 
Like writing will somehow make you feel better?

That's where I'm at. 

The weird thing; I'm not sure what to write. 
I actually googled topics to blog about, just so I could write, just so I could share something.

I have no idea what's going on. 
Today was a good day.
Nothing out of the ordinary, but still good.  

And yet, I have this funny feeling. 
My heart hurts today. 
That's as simply as I can put it. 
That's the only explanation I can offer for this very strange and out of character post. 

I read this today: 
“Truly I tell you,” Jesus said to them, “no one who has left home or wife or brothers or sisters or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God will fail to receive many times as much in this age, and in the age to come eternal life.” Luke 18:29, 30

This passage hit home today. 
Not because of Christ's promise to bless those that leave their homes and families
but because of the two verses beforehand 

 Jesus replied, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.”
  Peter said to him, “We have left all we had to follow you!” 

How many of us have truly given up something to follow?
I don't know about you but before this whole experience I didn't have to give up much. 
Not because God didn't ask me to, but because I choose not to. 

This time is different though. 

I have heard Him clearly. 
Elise, my child, come follow me. Leave everything and come follow me

YES I WILL ABANDON EVERYTHING TO FOLLOW YOU GOD

My heart does hurt
but God is the ultimate healer and comforter.

I may not be able to handle all of this
But God is capable.
What is impossible for me
Is possible with Him. 

Tonight I find rest in His arms.  





Post a Comment